Though it would seem bright colours and hand-tinting would be more than enough, sometimes makers and/or consumers thought these cards could use even more. It is not uncommon to see cards with
golden ink,
dramatic frames, or
glitter in addition to colour. These cards go beyond even that.
 |
| personal collection |
That ribbon is an actual, shiny ribbon that has been affixed to the postcard, in addition to the glitter in her hair.
 |
| personal collection |
 |
| personal collection |
The collection has other examples with this kind of striking
geometric frame, although this is the only time I've ever seen the frame combined with glitter.
 |
| personal collection |
 |
| personal collection |
I'm not sure how much of this card is commerical and how much is handmade, but someone certainly took their time to make it special!
 |
| personal collection |
+(633x1024).jpg) |
| personal collection |
The only example I've yet seen of a metallic postcard with glitter (not to mention sequins!)
+(633x1024).jpg) |
| personal collection |
No comments:
Post a Comment