Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Postcards in Pink

Pink was quite a popular colour for dye-toned postcards-- and wow, are they pink!  As discussed in the post on dye-toning, the final image is made entirely out of dye, resulting in an image with pink darks and pink lights, until your eyes hurt from looking at it. 















3 comments:

  1. I find that the back of some cards from P.C Paris have a circle pattern with "P.C Paris" words, but some haven't (Just "Made In French").
    Are the cards with no pattern fake? Reproduction or some else@@??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting to note. I just had a look at my PC Paris cards (over 100 of them!) and I noticed that the vast majority with a number lower than 2360 or higher than 2980 have the PC-circle mark, but most of the ones with numbers in between do not. I think maybe for that period PC Paris simply used a different back, for whatever reason. There is no apparent difference in method or quality. There were dozens of publishers making these cards, so I don't think there would be any point in faking a PC Paris logo on the front- I don't think any of the buyers would notice. It is very interesting to see that temporary change though, well done on noticing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...