While almost every single postcard of this type was made in France, even if sent from another country, apparently there was at least one publisher in Germany as well. I had no idea until I was browsing images online and found a couple with German-language verses. While the versos were not available, the publisher marks weren't any of the French ones I've seen (though there were a LOT of different French ones! Future post!). So I headed out to ebay.de to try and find one for my own collection. It was not easy-- there were plenty of this type, but as soon as I looked closely I'd see "PC Paris" or one of the other major French brands. Finally, though, I succeeded! 1920s or early 1930s, dyed and hand-tinted, with a German verse. The publisher, "HB" is one I've not seen before. There is no "made in" mark, as one often sees, so it is impossible to say with 100% certainty that it's made in Germany and not France-- but if not, well, that's even more interesting, eh?
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment