My knowledge about these postcards is very much a work in progress, based purely off of what I've personally seen, both in my own collection and reproduced online. While this sample size increases every day (I'm sure I've seen over a thousand, though sadly I don't yet own that many), I still come across new surprises all the time. I love these surprises, and I love the insights they give.
These two are a great example. I have multiple examples of postcards from the same photoshoot (so far only this one is a post, but many more to come!), but in all cases, all the postcards were treated the same way. All dye-toned, all hand-tinted, all tinted and toned. Then I found this.
The two are also from different sources, unlike the other photoshoot groups I have (which are in fact all sent by the same person, even). I bought the pink one first, and initially thought the tinted one only shared the staircase (which would have been interesting in itself!). It was very exciting to see, no, they are the same shoot, same number (ARS 6201), but done differently. So apparently this happened!
The postcards, larger, with backs:
.jpg)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment