A couple more posts on the history of these cards are upcoming, but I'm so enamoured of a recent couple acquisitions I just had to interrupt.
Three sister cards, depicting a lovely young woman against a striking Art Deco background... two pink, the last an incredible, tinted, metallic that blows me away. I just love the composition, the flowers, the geometric background, the gauzy shawl around her shoulders... and, on that last one, oh, the tinting...!
(I have this one thanks to an amazing friend who gave it to me from her collection after I found the others.. aw!)
This is the same image as the first one, but printed on metallic paper and processed with a pink-orange dye, then hand-tinted with an exceptional amount of colour and care.
I just adore the writing on the front, too. This is one of my current favourite favourites.
This is dated 1937, but I strongly suspect it was made around 1932. The publishing house PC Paris seems to date their cards in the order of creation, and I have others around and after this number from 1932 and 1933. A store or individual probably had it around in the interim.






No comments:
Post a Comment